Dr. Usama Hassan Saleh, is an orthopedic and trauma surgeon Graduated from Medical school in Egypt, did his clinical fellowship training in Upper extremity surgery at university Of Toronto, Canada and holding the membership of royal collage of surgeon of England (MRCS UK) Diploma, he completed his PhD thesis in Knee surgery from Cairo university in Egypt.
Dr. Saleh is subspecialized in sports injury and arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, knee, elbow and wrist. He has an extensive training and interest in joint replacement surgery of the Knee, shoulder and hip.
In the field of trauma surgery Dr. Saleh, has a good experience with an advanced training at University of Toronto Hospitals, he is very active in teaching trauma surgery to the junior orthopedic surgeon in the region by being an International AOtrauma faculty.
- MD, Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University, Zagazig /Egypt
- Master Degree of Orthopaedic Surgery, Ain-Shams University, Cairo/Egypt
- Membership of Royal Collage of surgeon of England, MRCS (London) Diploma
- Egyptian Board of orthopedics
- MD (PhD) Degree in Orthopedic Surgery, Cairo University, Egypt
Professional Society Membership/Affiliation
- Member of Egyptian orthopedic society
- Member of Emirates orthopedic society
- Member of Royal collage of surgeon of England
- International member of the AAOS
- AO Trauma, Regional faculty
- Collage of physicians and surgeon of Ontario CPSO, License
- Medical Practice License, Ministry of Health and Population, Egypt
- License of MOH, orthopedics and trauma, Ministry of Health, UAE. (Orthopedic specialist A)
- Medical Practice License, Dubai Health Authority, UAE (Orthopedic specialist)
What are the incidence and risk factors of in-hospital mortality after venous thromboembolism events in total hip and knee arthroplasty patients?
Shahi A, Bradbury TL, Guild GN 3rd, Saleh UH, Ghanem E, Oliashirazi A.
Arthroplast Today. 2018 May 26;4(3):343-347. doi: 10.1016/j.artd.2018.02.014. eCollection 2018 Sep.
Primary Repair of Iatrogenic Medial Collateral Ligament Injury During TKA: A Modified Technique.
Shahi A, Tan TL, Tarabichi S, Maher A, Della Valle C, Saleh UH.
J Arthroplasty. 2015 May;30(5):854-7. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2014.12.020. Epub 2015 Jan 10.
A Unique Pattern of Peri-Prosthetic Fracture Following Total Knee Arthroplasty: The Insufficiency Fracture.
Shahi A, Saleh UH, Tan TL, Elfekky M, Tarabichi S.
J Arthroplasty. 2015 Jun;30(6):1054-7. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2015.01.006. Epub 2015 Jan 21.
Hip and Knee Section, Prevention, Host Related: Proceedings of International Consensus on Orthopedic Infections.
Cizmic Z, Feng JE, Huang R, Iorio R, Komnos G, Kunutsor SK, Metwaly RG, Saleh UH, Sheth N, Sloan M.
J Arthroplasty. 2019 Feb;34(2S):S255-S270. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2018.09.010. Epub 2018 Oct 19.
Chapters in Published Books
INTECH Publishers, Special Considerations in Asian Knee Arthroplasty- Selected Chapter, Authors: Hamid Reza Seyyed Hosseinzadeh, Samih Tarabichi, Ali Sina Shahi, Usama Hassan Saleh. Arthroplasty/ ISBN 980-953-307-830-9 (Ed: Plamen Kinov) INTECH 2012.