Qualifications and Experience
Dr. Oussama Chaar is a renowned Orthopaedic Surgeon who is employed as the Head of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. He acquired his MD from Liege University, Belgium. Subsequently, he pursued a fellowship at Liege University in Orthopedics and traumatology including a subspecialty in joint replacement surgery. Moreover, he holds a diploma in Biomechanics from ULB University of Brussels.
Dr. Oussama initially practised in Belgium. Subsequently, he started working in Syria as a Senior Consultant in Arthroplasty. While working there, he developed the department of joint replacement and assumed the position of the head of the orthopedic department at the hospital. He was also employed at a known government hospital in Abu Dhabi.
Contributions to Medical Science
Dr. Oussama has an experience of over 27 years in his field during which he has successfully performed several thousands of hip and knee joint replacement surgeries. He has a special interest in difficult primaries, hip and knee revision, complex pelvic fractures, and bone tumours surgeries. He has a lot of experience in total hip replacement for congenital hip dislocation. He has managed over 50 patients with severe high riding dislocation without performing femoral shortening osteotomy.
In addition to this, he is also a speaker and member of the orthopaedic MENA conference in Dubai. He is a member of the Syrian Society for Orthopedic Surgery and of the Belgian Society for Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology. He has participated in multiple major medical conferences as a speaker and attendee both.
- HOD and Sr Consultant, Syria Hospital
- Consultant, Key Government Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Fellowship at Liege University in Orthopedics and traumatology with subspecialty in joint replacement surgery which he competed on 1990.
- Diploma in Biomechanics from ULB university of Brussels.
- Member of the Belgian Society for Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Member of the Syrian Society for Orthopedic Surgery