1. Orthopedic Surgeon (Council of Arab Board of Medical Specialization in Orthopedic Surgery) CABOS 2016.
2. Education (Ortho) Seat in AO Spine –Iraq Chapter Feb. 2015 till now.
3. A Reviewer in Global Spine Journal, 2016 till now.
4. A Reviewer for Cureus Journal, USA.
5. Mentorship Program. (AOSPINE) with Prof. Alexander Vaccaro for two years, Philadelphia, USA.
6. Regional faculty AOSpine.
7. Editor in ECRONICON Journal.
1- Fellowship in MIS & Endoscopic spine surgery, Saint Marry Catholic University hospital, Seoul, South Korea, 26th March 2018 to 7th April 2018.
2- Publons Peer Review online course.
3- Arthroplasty Fellowship in Charite Campus, Mitte, Berlin, Germany May 2017.
4- AOTrauma Fellowship, University Hospital of Giessen & Marburg (UKGM), four weeks October 2016
5- CABO (Council of Arab Board of Medical Specialization in Orthopedics) 2016.
6- AOSpine Fellowship (BGU Centre Frankfurt) Germany 2014.
7- M.B.Ch. B Degree in Medicine & Surgery (2004),
- Institution: Medical School/ Mosul University/ Mosul-Iraq.
- The language of study: English.
- Primary Subjects: Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Otorhinolaryngology, Gynaecology, Obstetrics & Paediatrics.
- The minimum duration of study: 6 years.
- Lab Training: Extensive training on Spectrophotometer and Light Microscope at the Medical school.
- Average Mark: 71.478 %
8- High school diploma (1992-1997),
• Institution: Al-Motamayzeen Secondary school, Mosul/ Iraq.
• Main Subjects: Human Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, English, French & Arabic.
• Average mark: 96.3 %
Professional Organizations & NGOs:
• Iraqi Orthopedic surgeons association 2016 till now.
• Eurospine Member Jan. 2015 till now
• NASS (North American Spine Society) Member 2013 till now.
• EFFORT Member (European Federation of National Association of Orthopedics and Traumatology) 2013 till now.
• TIEMS (The International Emergency Medicine Society) Membership September 2012 till now.
• AO Trauma Member plus 2010 till now.
• AO Spine Member (Gold), 2010 till now.
• Member of Iraqi Medical Association 2005 to Date.
• SICOT Membership 2012 till now.
1. Tubular Microdiscectomy.
2. Over the top decompression technique including Slalom technique.
3. UBE (Unlateal bi portal endoscope) discectomy and decompression.
4. Percutaneous pedicle screws fixation.
5. MIS TLIF (1st case in Baghdad).
6. Lumbar Degenerative & Trauma (including Laminectomy, Posterior Pedicle Fixation, Discectomy).
7. TLIF. (1st Case done by local Surgeon in Baghdad)
8. Anterior Cervical Discectomy with interbody Fusion.
9. Microdiscectomy with fenestration
10. Local Spine Injections.
11. Kyphoplasty & Vertebroplasty (1st cases in Baghdad).
12. Spine Osteotomies (1st case in Baghdad PVCR)
1- THA (Cemented & Uncemented)
3- Hemiarthroplasty & Austin Moore Prosthesis.
1. Upper & Lower Limbs plating & external fixation.
2. Emergency Orthopedics.
3. DHS, Cannulated Screws & L-Plating of Proximal Femur.
4. LCP & IM nails.
1- Knee Arthroscope.
E- And other different orthopedic Operations
Summary of Employment & Work:
• 1st January 2018 till date working in Private clinic (www.dr-Ghazwan.com) and performing surgeries in Alalamy Hospital of specialized surgeries and Diwali Private Hospital.
• 2/6/2017 till now, Working in a Private Clinic in Jadria Private Hospital, Baghdad, Iraq.
• 8/5/2017 to 2/6/2017 Arthroplasty Fellowship at Charite University, Berlin, Germany
• 11th November 2016 till now Orthopedic Senior in Ghazi Al-Hariri Specialized Surgical Hospital in Orthopedics & Spine Surgery, Baghdad Medical City, Baghdad.
• 17th October 2016 to 11th November 2016 AOTrauma Fellowship in University Clinic of Giessen & Marburg, Giessen, Germany.
• 30th August 2016 till now Orthopedic Senior in Ghazi Al-Hariri Specialized Surgical Hospital in Orthopedics & Spine Surgery, Baghdad Medical City, Baghdad.
• 21st of October 2014 till now as an SHO (5th years Arab Board in Orthopedics Trainee) in Ghazi Al-Hariri Specialized Surgical Hospital in Orthopedics & Spine Surgery, Baghdad Medical City, Baghdad.
• 1st of October to 21st of November 2014 AOSpine Fellowship Program in BGU Spine Center in Frankfurt – Germany with Prof. F. Kandiziora (www.spinesurgery.de).
• 1st of October 2013 to 1st of October 2014 as an SHO (4th years Arab Board in Orthopedics Trainee) in Ghazi Al-Hariri Specialized Surgical Hospital in Orthopedics & Spine Surgery, Baghdad Medical City, Baghdad.
• 1st July 2013- 1st October 2013 Clinical Attachment in Al-Kindi Teaching Hospital (Part of Requirement of Arab Board) mainly trauma of upper & lower limbs.
• October 2012 till now work in Ghazi Al-Hariri Specialized Surgical Hospital in Orthopedics & Spine Surgery, Baghdad Medical City, Baghdad.
• August 2012 to October 2012 work in Emergency & Trauma Dept. in Baghdad Teaching Hospital as a requirement of Arab Board in Orthopedics & Spine.
• May 2012 to July 2012 work in Neurosurgery & Spine in Neuroscience Hospital (Baghdad) as a requirement of Arab Board in Orthopedics & Spine.
• February 2012 to April 2012 work in Vascular Surgery Dept. as a requirement of Arab Board in Orthopaedics & Spine.
• November 2011 to January 2012 Work in Plastic Surgery in Specialized Surgical Hospital as a requirement of the Arab Board in Orthopedics & Spine.
• November 2010 to October 2011 Work in Al-Kadhmia Teaching Hospital in General Surgery as a requirement of Arab Board in Orthopedics & Spine.
• Working in the Shilan Private Hospital Since 2006-2009 as a Resident Doctor in the Outpatient unit, wards, & Operations as an assistant in the surgical operations. (In my off days).
• Working as Attachment in Jordan Medical Centre in Erbil-Iraq with Consultant Doctors in Orthopaedic & Spine Surgery 2010 till now.
• Working as Attachment in Jeen International Hospital in Erbil- Iraq with German Orthopaedic & Spine Surgeon 2012 till now.
• Resident House Officer (2005-2007): Two years’ work in Mosul’s different Hospitals, which represents the Clinical training after graduation including:
SUBJECT PERIOD HOSPITALS EVALUATION
Paediatrics Three Months Ibn-Alatheer Hospital Outstanding
Emergency Department Three Months Salam General Hospital Outstanding
Surgery Six Months AlJimhori General hospital + Mosul General Hospital Outstanding
Medicine Three Months Ibn-Sina General Hospital Outstanding
Gynaecology & Obstetrics Three Months Batool Hospital Outstanding
Opthalmology One Month AlJimhori General hospital Outstanding
ENT One Month AlJimhori General hospital Outstanding
Plastic Surgery One Month AlJimhori General hospital Outstanding
Orthopedic Two Months AlJimhori General hospital Outstanding
Neurosurgery One Month Ibn-Sina General Hospital Outstanding
1- Aospine Seminar, Spondylolisthesis, Karbala 1st December 2018 as a faculty.
2- AOSpine Advanced Course, Deformities & Tumors 26th – 27th July 2018, Baghdad, Iraq as a National Faculty.
3- MIS Surgery – Lectures, Case discussion, and hand’s on surgeons’ cockpit course, 2nd May 2018, Singapore with 8 European CME Credits
4- Global Spine Conference 2nd -5th May 2018, Singapore with 24 European CME credits points.
5- 6th Iraqi Orthopedic association annual meeting in collaboration with AOSpine, 25th-27th April 2018, Baghdad, Iraq, as a speaker.
6- LINKAcademy, Revision Seminar, Level 3 – Solutions for severe bone and joint defect – a variety of applications ( MEGA SYSTEM-C ), 5th-6th December 2017, Hamburg Germany
7- LINKademy, Lubinus SP II International Course, 28th-29th September 2017, Hamburg, Germany.
8- LINKademy Complex Hip Revision Surgery – Level 3 (MP, Pelvis Support, SPII), 19th – 20th September 2017, Dept. of Forensic Medicine, UKE Hamburg, Germany.
9- AOSpine Advance Symposium – Trauma, 6th-7th July 2017, Mashhad, Iran as a Regional Faculty.
10- GSC (Global Spine Congress) Milan, 3rd-6th May 2017, Milan, Italy as a participant in E-Poster Paper.
11- 7th Karbala Orthopedic Day, as a SPEAKER, 29 April 2017, Karbala, Iraq.
12- Trauma Workshop (IM Nails & LCP Plates) TST Company 20 April 2017, Istanbul, Turkey.
13- Symposium Update and Debate in TKA, 28th March 2017, Medical City Complex, Baghdad, Iraq.
14- LINKADEMY Knee Surgery – Level 2 (Sled, GEMINI SL) Cadaveric Course 22th-23th March 2017, Dept. of Forensic Medicine, UKE Hamburg, Germany.
15- 1st International Spine Conference, Sulaymania, Iraq 2nd – 3rd March 2017, as a Speaker in AOSPINE Seminar, Debate in Spine Surgery.
16- AOSpine Advance Symposium, Complication of Spine Surgery, 2-3 February 2017 as Faculty, Najaf, Iraq.
17- Arthroplasty Workshop, Medical City Annual Conference 2016, Baghdad, Iraq
18- AOSpine Workshop, Education in Research, 23rd December 2016, Erbil, Iraq
19- 3rd International Trauma Course, with Cadaveric lab (Upper & Lower Limbs) University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany 4th-5th November 2016.
20- MIS Symposium with Workshop (Percutaneous Pedicle Screw Fixation System) Spineway 8th October 2016- Berlin –Germany
21- Dural Tear Repair Under Microscope workshop – Berlin –Storz Workshop 6th October 2016.
22- Eurospine 2016 Annual Meeting, 5-7 October 2016, Berlin, Germany.
23- LINK Academy, Lubinus SP II International Course, 19th-20th September 2016, Hamburg, Germany.
24- Short-Term Fellowship in Seattle Science Foundation, Swedish Neuroscience Institute from 29th of August to 9th of September 2016 under Supervision of Prof. Jens Chapman, Seattle, WA, USA.
25- AOSpine Mentorship Start Meeting, 27th – 28th August 2016 New York City, USA.
26- AOSpine & AOTrauma Principle Course – Education in Research 11th – 12th August 2016, Baghdad 2016 as a Local Host.
27- 9th IMS (International Musculoskeletal Society ) Annual Meeting, with Cadaveric Workshop (Spine, Pain Management & Arthroplasty), 27th-30th July 2016, Beirut, Lebanon as a Speaker
28- SICOT International Specialized Knee Surgery, 30 June -2 July 2016, Wurzburg, Germany as a Poster Presentation.
29- Eurospine Week (Diploma Modules) Trauma & Tumor 13-17 June 2016, Strasbourg, France
30- Global Spine Congress (AOSpine) 13-16 April 2016, Dubai UAE.
31- 9th Turkmiss Istanbul (International Congress of Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery and Hands-on Cadaver Workshop) 8-10 April 2016 as a speaker.
32- AAOS Annual Meeting 1-5 March 2016, Orlando, FL, USA.
33- AOSpine Basic Course (Basic in Spine Surgery) 4-5 Feb. 2016, Basrah – Iraq.
34- AOSpine Symposium 5th-6th November 2015 (Spine Trauma and Infection) Baghdad – Iraq as a chairperson.
35- Eurospine Annual Conference 2-4 September 2015 Copenhagen-Denmark.
36- AOSpine Chairperson Course Zurich 21-22 August 2015.
37- AOTrauma Symposium Complex & Complicated Fractures 27-28th – July 2015, Baghdad – Iraq.
38- 16th EFFORT the Congress Prague-Czech Republic 27-29 May 2015.
39- AOSpine Advance Symposium – Tumor – Beirut 7-8 May 2015.
40- 5th Annual Orthopedic Day 25 April 2015 – Holly Karbala – Iraq.
41- 13th Orthopedic & Traumatology Winter Submit 2015, Uluda–Bursa- Turkey, Supervised by. Prof. C.S. Ranawat. On 27-28 Feb. 2015.
42- AOSpine Advanced Course Degenerative, Trauma, Infection Sulaymania- Iraq on 5-6 Feb. 2015.
43- Medical City Annual Conference–Baghdad College of Medicine 17-18 December 2014, Baghdad – Iraq.
44- Basic & Degenerative Diploma Modules of Eurospine in Thessaloniki – Greece 24-26 November 2014.
45- Eurospine Annual Meeting 2014 1-3 October 2014 Lyon-France with (18 European CME Credits).
46- Total Hip Arthroplasty in DDH. In MEDICAL Hospital – Bursa – Turkey 13-14th June 2014 (Sponsored by Smith Nephew)
47- 1st International Iraqi Paediatric Orthopaedic Conference 22nd – 24th May 2014 – Erbil, Iraq.
48- How to Pass the Exam in Basrah University, in 9th-10th Feb. 2014.
49- SSI (Sharjah Surgical Institute) Depuy Synthes TKA (Total Knee Arthroplasty Cadaveric Course in Sharjah 25th-26th October 2013
50- 14th Congress of European Federation of National Association of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFFORT) Istanbul- Turkey 5th-8th June 2013.
51- Cadaveric Course in THA in Sharjah Surgical Institute (Depuy Synthes) in Sharjah-UAE in 13th-14th April 2013
52- AOSpine Symposium in Erbil 5th-6th Feb. 2013
53- The 19th TIEMS Annual Conference in Erbil-Iraq from 19-22 September 2012
54- Training Course workshop in 1st international Emergency Medicine Management Conference in Collaboration with IMC, WHO & TIEMS 16th-18th Sep. 2012 in Erbil.
55- Workshop in Arthroplasty, IM nail & Spine Instrumentation in Tipsan Company in Izmir-Turkey June 2012
56- Iraqi Orthopaedic Association in Mosul Governorate in (7th Orthopaedic Conference 14-15th April 2012)
57- 1st scientific Medical Conference in Neuroscience at 5th Jan. 2012 at Neurosciences Hospital, Baghdad, Iraq.
58- Iraqi Orthopedics Association in Wassit Governorate on 27 October 2011.
59- AO Trauma Advances in Operative Fractures Management, seventh -10th June 2011, Erbil, Iraq.
60- EACCME European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Certificate AO Spine Course 10th -11th November 2010.
61- AO Spine Principles Course 10th -11th November 2010, Amman Jordan.
62- Emergency Seminar in 19th -20th October 2010 Baghdad, Iraq.
63- AO Principle Course in Trauma second -4th April 2010 Baghdad, Iraq.
64- Arthroscopic Workshop in sixth -7th Jan. 2010 Nursing hospital Baghdad, Iraq.
65- Advanced Technologies of interventional Coronary Angioplasty held in Shilan Private Hospital 14th -17th Feb. 2009 under coverage & support from HELIOS Klinikum Wuppertal, Professor Hartmut Guelker, Germany.
66- PCI Workshops held at Shilan Private hospital/Duhok/Iraq 6 times between 2007-2010.
1. Minister of Telecommunication No.2536 on 29/Aug/2011.
2. Manager of Al-Kadhmia Teaching Hospital No. 5549 on 22/June/2011
3. Minister of Health No.1651 on 22/2/2011.
4. Manager of Specialized Surgical Hospital No.13356 on 28/Sept./2010.
5. General Manager of Medical City No.23368 on 25/July/2010.
6. Manager of Specialized Surgical Hospital No.5061 on 31/Jan./2010.
1. Spinal Epidural Abscess in a young patient, Case Report. (Presented as Poster in SICOT Conference, & accepted in SICOT-J Journal Feb. 2018). DOI: 10.1051/sicotj/2018005
2. Trends in Spinal Surgery for Pott’s Disease (2000-2016): An Overview and Bibliometric Study, Systematic review, Global Spine Journal, Vol 7, Issue 8, 2017. DOI: 10.1177/2192568217735827.
3. Early Complications of Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion: A Case Series, Journal of Musculoskeletal Surgery and Research DOI: 10.4103/jmsr.jmsr_18_18